Zurich Chinese Garden (Chinagarten)
On the banks of Lake Zurich, the Chinese Garden is a great final stop after a city tour or lake cruise. You need at least half an hour to explore the park’s colorful pavilions and soak up its serene ambiance–a Chinese takeaway next door can provide fitting fare for your visit. Afterward, take a turn around Zürichhorn Park, home to an outdoor cinema, restaurants, and lakeside lookouts, or make your way back to the city center along the promenade.
Things to know before you go
- The Chinese Garden is partially accessible for wheelchair users.
- Some tours include admission; otherwise, there is a small fee to enter the garden.
- The park is an ideal spot for meditation, yoga, and reading.
How to get there
The Chinese Garden’s lakeside location is easily accessed on foot, by boat, or on public transit. The closest tram station is at Höschgasse, served by numbers 2 and 4, while busses 912 and 916 stop just outside at Chinagarten. The closest parking lot is at Lake Side Restaurant, just a 3-minute walk away.
When to get there
The gardens are only open to the public during the summer season of March and October. The tranquil nature of the space makes for a mindful morning or a great way to unwind after a busy day of sightseeing.
Lake Zurich Cruise Tours
The Chinese Garden is not the only scenic spot on the shores of Lake Zurich. In fact, a cruise tour is a great way to view the city and its surrounding mountains from a unique vantage point. Some city tours include ferry transfer or a boat cruise in the price, while Swiss Travel Pass and Zurich Card holders can take a boat trip on Lake Zurich for free–simply show your card at the ticket desk on the docks.
- Things to do in Lucerne
- Things to do in Basel
- Things to do in Davos
- Things to do in Strasbourg
- Things to do in Montreux
- Things to do in Lake Como
- Things to do in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Things to do in Ferno
- Things to do in Innsbruck
- Things to do in Milan
- Things to do in Geneva
- Things to do in Munich
- Things to do in Central Switzerland
- Things to do in Swiss Alps
- Things to do in Alsace
- Botanical Garden (University of Zurich)
- Zurich Opera House (Opernhaus Zürich)
- Lake Zurich (Zürichsee)
- Museum Rietberg
- Kunsthaus Zurich
- Grossmünster Church
- Fraumünster Church
- St. Peter Church (Kirche St. Peter)
- Paradeplatz (Parade Square)
- National Museum Zurich (Landesmuseum Zürich)
- Zoo Zurich