- Skip the Line: Proceed directly to the front gate for admission
- Visit one of the largest aircraft carriers in the US Navy fleet
- Enjoy over 60 exhibits including the flight deck, galley, engine room and more
- Audio tour included in the admission price is available in English, Japanese, Spanish, French, German and Mandarin
- A must for the entire family
Departure & Return
Departure PointUSS Midway Museum, 910 N Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101-5811
|Monday - Sunday:||10:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
What To Expect
Begin your USS Midway visit on downtown San Diego’s Embarcadero, boarding the ship any time during its regular hours of operation. This marvel of engineering once housed more than 4,500 crew members across its various decks, and served in the US Navy between 1945 and 1992, making it the longest-serving aircraft carrier of the 20th century. Over the years more than 225,000 sailors have walked its sturdy decks.
Once on board the ship, you have a range of options to explore. For more than a decade this famous carrier was the largest ship in the world (too large to fit through the Panama Canal, in fact), so there’s no shortage of things to do. Continue on a self-guided audio tour, told through the stories of the ship’s former officers and sailors.
Or visit some of the 65 highlighted locations throughout the vessel, covering its bridge to its engine room. There’s also 25 restored aircraft lining its deck and a range of interactive exhibits to suit visitors of all ages. You can also get a better sense for life at sea as you explore the ship’s restored living quarters, including the galleys, sleeping quarters and officer’s country.
Before you go, don’t forget to check out the flight simulator, and make sure to stop by the gift shop and café to cap off your visit.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Complimentary, loaner wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Elevator access from Navy Pier onto the ship, from the hangar deck down to the second deck and up to the flight deck
- Approximately 60 percent of the museum’s exhibits are wheelchair accessible.
- Narrated video tour of all museum exhibits is shown continuously in the hangar deck
- Parking is available adjacent to Midway for an additional fee through Ace parking.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- OPERATED BY USS Midway
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
See all safety measures taken by Skip the Line: USS Midway Museum Admission Ticket in San Diego.