8 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
The Laki Craters are famous for their beauty, but getting there is famously difficult. A guided Jeep tour makes it possible to see the craters safely, with all transportation provided by specialty Jeeps engineered for Iceland’s rugged environment. After a hike through the glaciers, continue on a second hike to the Tjarnargígur pond crater, explore hidden waterfalls, and visit the beautiful Fjadrargljufur Canyon before returning to your Kirkjubæjarklaustur hotel.
- Laki Craters, Tjarnargígur, and Fjadrargljufur Canyon tour from Kirkjubæjarklaustur
- Travel by specialty Jeeps engineered for a safe drive across Iceland’s rugged terrain
- Active tour takes you on multiple hikes in one day
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people or fewer for more intimate experience
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Kirkjubæjarklaustur included
Saved to wishlist!
Local driver guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Tour starts at 9am
Hotel pickup starts at 8:30am (if your hotel is accepted) except Hunkubakkar Guesthouse 08:50 - 09:15 am
Please be ready to go when pick up starts
Main pick up is petrol station N1 in Kirkjubaejarklaustur If your hotel is not accepted. You can park your car there while taking the tour. Meeting time 08:45-09:00
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum 2 adult participants to take the tour
- Please note that in the spring, tracks and mountain roads may be closed during the thawing period; we reserve the right to cancel the tour or alter routes, itineraries or timetables should the necessity arise, including irregularities due to adverse weather or road conditions
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wear shoes suitable for uneven terrain
- Please bring food and drinks for the day, as none are provided
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Hiking trails are marked and suitable for most people; walking is not necessary
- Lakagigar is in Vatnajokull National Park. The area is extremely sensitive and travelers must stay on marked trails at all times
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Drone flight is not allowed in the national park but possible to apply for a permit in advance
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Secret Iceland
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Small Group Day Tour to Lakagigar volcano by Super Jeep from Klaustur?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Small Group Day Tour to Lakagigar volcano by Super Jeep from Klaustur?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Small Group Day Tour to Lakagigar volcano by Super Jeep from Klaustur?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsHikingNature and WildlifeExtremeFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingSouth IcelandSkaftafell4WD Tours - VikSporting Events - VikHiking - VikNature and Wildlife - VikExtreme - VikFull-day Tours - Vik4WD Tours - East IcelandSporting Events - East IcelandHiking - East IcelandNature and Wildlife - East IcelandExtreme - East IcelandFull-day Tours - East Iceland4WD Tours - The Scottish HighlandsSporting Events - The Scottish HighlandsHiking - The Scottish HighlandsNature and Wildlife - The Scottish HighlandsExtreme - The Scottish HighlandsFull-day Tours - The Scottish HighlandsCategory